till the school holidays are finished…I am well and truly over them already LOL!
My girls are no angels but usually they get along pretty well with just the occasional fight but it seems that all I have done for the last five days is referee the constant spats. I guess they just aren’t use to spending so much time together. I have tried occupying them with a mountain of activities and just when I think I have found a solution the fight begins…it’s my turn now…you’ve been doing such and such for too long…but Mummy I want to play with that! ARGH!!!! One more day to go. My poor Mum has them for the day on Saturday while I escape to Scraptacular for Sensational and then as of Sunday Andrew is officially on holidays for a week. My sweet adorable hubby asked me last night what I had planned for us next week…PMSL…I told him that I was going out Sunday night and would come home at the end of the week so him and the girls could do what they liked.
In other news our renovations are almost complete. Christian and Ben were here this morning to finish off the pergola (now all it needs is a roof) and early next week we have the Mario Brothers here to finish putting the plaster on the roof of the rumpus room. Then all we need to do inside is paint (and lots of it) and then hopefully over the Christmas holidays we will have the concrete poured under the pergola and the roof put on! I’ll be so glad when it’s done especially knowing that we have a few years off before we begin again with an upstairs extension LOL!
Well that seems to be my time up. The girls are now fighting over who’s cup is who’s so I better go deal with that.
Hope everyone else is having a good week.
I’M COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS September 27, 2007
till the school holidays are finished…I am well and truly over them already LOL!
SAW THIS ON WEND’S September 26, 2007
and it cracked me up, so I had to try it for myself.
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) Pinky Holden
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Banana Mint Slice
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name) A-War
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Green Cow
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born), Patricia Melbourne
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 3 letters of your first) Warang
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink), The Red Coke Zero
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) Bernard Alan
9. STRIPPER NAME: ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite chocolate bar) Alure Peppermint Crisp
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ) Mary Michael
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) Hansford Houston
12. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower). Winter Tulip
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”) Banana Crocsy
14. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree), Raisin Toast Oak
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”),The Scrapbook Rain Storm Tour
WHAT’S NEW PUSSY CAT September 23, 2007
whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! (Ok so raise your hand if you have just seen a glimpse of a Tom Jones doco on Foxtel)
Anyway it about 2.10am and I should so be in bed so I’ll make this quick.
- I have been meaning to say Congratulations to my cousin Jarrod and Kylie for a couple of weeks now. They recently got engaged and will be having their engagement party next month. I am so thrilled for them…they’re a gorgeous couple.
- In other cousin news, my cousin Fliss and her boyfriend Tony bought a house today. Woohoo! And even better they have bought in Ascot Vale so only 10 minutes away. Caitlin was so adorable when I told her that Aunty Fliss and Tony had bought a house…she asked when she would be able to call Tony Uncle Tony? I told her I thought Tony would love that so Uncle Tony it is!
- School holidays have officially started and I am looking forward to a few sleep-ins. My girls love their sleep and I usually have to wake them for school every morning. We haven’t got a huge deal planned for the first week but Andrew has the second week off so no doubt we will be busy then.
- Geelong has made it to the AFL Grand Final and to say I am excited would be an understatement. Being a Richmond fan hasn’t left me with much to be excited about this season, so with the Cats being my second fav team at least there is hope. I am a little biased as my gorgeous god-sister Lauren is the girlfriend of Gary Ablett Jnr. Go Gazza!
- A friend completely freaked me out today when she told me that there is only 12 weeks left until Christmas…where the bloody hell has this year gone? (Bugger will probably go to hell just for saying that!)
- I had a bit of a run in with the law tonight PMSL! I was heading out to pick up Karen and Alan from Royal Melbourne hospital when I was pulled over by the police. Apparently I had driven straight through a stop sign…well more like treated it as a give way sign. Anyway I managed to put on the charm and due to my impeccable driving record he let me off with a warning. Gotta love when your car is in hubby’s name and that any time you receive a speeding fine in the mail HE automatically looses the points LOL!
Well that’s it for me for tonight. Hope everyone has been having a good weekend!
ESCAPETACULAR PHOTOS September 22, 2007
Wendy gave me three discs full of photos from Escapetacular that Kim had put together (thanks Kimmy) and these are just some of my fav’s from one of the discs.
MONDAY CATCHUP September 17, 2007
Well it seems the silly season has started awfully early for us this year as the diary is quickly filling up.
I had a fairly busy weekend with spring cleaning the house (still trying to get that finished) a trivia night on Saturday and a photo shoot in the city on Sunday.
Tonight is my last night for my photography course and I ma pleased to say that I can now actually use my Canon 350D on manual settings.
Toilet training is still going well with only a couple of accidents in the last couple of days and we have completely abondoned the potty and using the toilet all the time.
Last week of term four and at the moment I ma looking forward to school holidays. Andrew is having the second week off so the girls will be thrilled having him home. We haven’t organised to do anything yet although Caitlin has asked if we can go swimming so we might just have to do that. We had Parent Teacher interviews last week and Caitlin is our little superstar. She is at Level 7 for her reading (Preps should be at Level 5 by the end of the school year)and she blitzed her maths test getting the second highest score for her class (including the grade 1’s). Her spelling is also exceptional and overall her teacher thinks she is just a delight. Mummy and Daddy were extremely proud.
This Sunday I have my cousins Michaela, Felicity, Jarrod and Emma, along with their partners Justin, Tony, Kylie and Stuart coming over for a BBQ lunch. I’m really looking forward to catching up with the gang as we always have a ball.
Well that’s all I can think of at the moment. Hope everyone has a great week.
PROUD MUMMY MOMENT September 14, 2007
As many of you know I have been struggling with the whole toilet training thing with Georgia although in the last two or so weeks she has started to show some interest. We figured out that she was a little frightened of the toilet so we bought a whizz bang potty that looks just like a toilet and even has a flushing sound and at least once a day she will use it without being asked to. Then earlier this week she went to my Mum’s place for the day and of course potty went too. We did remember to bring it home but Andrew had left it in the boot of his car, so Georgia started using the toilet (with a toddler seat). Anyway getting to my proud Mummy moment…tonight I put the girls to bed and had the usual struggle with Georgia about having to put a nappy on! Twenty five minutes later I could still hear them chatting away to each other, but they were both in their beds so I let them go. Next thing I hear the bedroom door open and ask who’s out of bed? Caitlin yelled back something about doing wees so I just presumed she wanted to go to the toilet. Before I know it I see Georgia heading to the toilet and asking me to help her with her nappy…WOOHOO…she did wees! She was so proud of herself and so was Mummy. I told her that she had to put her nappy back on just in case and she was fine with it as long as she could wear undies all day tomorrow (she’ll make a great politician this kid)!
That’s it for me today. I have a trivia night tomorrow night with Wend and Dunk and some other friends, which I’m really looking forward to and then Sunday I’m thinking of heading into Fed Square to take some photos that I need to do for homework (Photography Course).
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
ESCAPETACULAR 2007 ROCKED! September 10, 2007
I have just had the most amazing weekend with the greatest bunch of girls! I haven’t laughed that much or scrapped that little in one weekend ever LOL! Julie and the girls from Scraptacular put together one fantastic jammed packed event and deserve huge kudos.
I got to spend time with two of my favourite people, my roomies Wendy and Kylie and also make so many wonderful new friends. Being a relative newcomer to Scraptac I was blown away by how welcoming all the girls were and would be proud to call all of them friends.
Friday night Wend, Kylie and I went to LaPorchetta for a quick bite to eat before heading back to the scrap room where I managed to finish off my tags and make a start on my castle book. I climbed into bed at about 2.30am but not before Wend made sure I had a glass of water and box of tissues beside the bed, had taken my medication and strepsil and tucked me in LOL!
Saturday morning started with bacon and eggs for breakie and then Rach and I took Kim from BrisVegas for a drive down to Mornington and ended up at Mills Beach so Kim could take some pics of the boat houses. Got back in time for lunch, finished off my Castle Book and then I had to head upstairs for a Nanna Nap as my cold was catching up with me. Wend came up and woke me up at about 5.30pm and was almost turning herself inside out with excitement as her beloved Hawks had just beaten the Crows by 3 points. Wend, Kylie and I then got all our Bollywood Bling on and headed down for dinner where we were treated to a vist from Her Royal Highness and Dame Edna just to name a few LOL! Geez I laughed a lot on Saturday night. Back up in the crop room I managed to complete my first LO for the weekend and then went off to be around 2.30am.
Bacon and eggs for breakie again (gotta love when you don’t have to make your own) and then some more scrapping. The very talented Kimmie put together a slide show of the weekends photos and then showed us all…it was ‘fueking awesome’. The rest of the afternoon was filled with silent auctions, raffles and games and together we raised over $1300 for the Make a Wish Foundation. Before I knew it it was time to swap tags and start the mammoth task of packing up. It always seems to go too fast! I’m already looking forward to next year.
Love you all sick!
Even though I dragged my camera along with me I didn’t take a single photo PMSL! Not to worry though as Kim took care of that. As soon as I get a copy I will post some pics…or you can just check out Kim’s blog!